The following instructions cover typical
usage of Outlook and assume the software has been installed correctly on your
The instructions are only for individuals with
a direct Internet connection, by modem or network. If you are behind a firewall
or proxy server, the information below may not work. Consult your network
administrator for more information.
Setting Up Your E-mail
- Open Outlook.
- Click Tools on the menu bar.
- Click Accounts in the Tools menu. (See
- Click Add.
- Click Mail in the Internet Accounts
box. (See Figure
- Complete the following fields in the Internet
Connection Wizard window:
- Display Name - The name that will
display on an e-mail sent using this profile. (your name)
- E-mail Address - The e-mail address
that will display on an e-mail sent using this profile. (email@example.com)
- Incoming Mail Server - mail.abqonline.com
- Outgoing Mail Server - mail.abqonline.com
- Account Name - yourname(@abqonline.com)
- Password - The password for the
above account - you supply.
- Connect Method - The method you
connect to the internet. Select the option by which you connect to the
- Click OK on the Internet Accounts box
when you have completed the Internet Connection Wizard.
With Outlook, you can setup additional mail accounts
for every mailbox from which you need to retrieve mail. There
are many more options available in Outlook. See the software's documentation
for more information on the advanced options.
Note: All our servers
use the POP3 protocol. Do not change the server type to anything besides POP3.