email using Outlook Express v4.0 & 5.0
The following instructions cover typical usage of Outlook Express and assume
the software has been installed correctly on your system. The instructions
are only for individuals with a direct Internet connection, by modem or network.
If you are behind a firewall or proxy server, the information below may not
work. Consult your network administrator or the software's help menu feature.
Setting Up Your E-mail
1. Open Outlook Express.
2. Click Tools on the menu bar.
3. Click Accounts in the Tools menu.
4. Click Add.
5. Click Mail in the Internet Accounts box.
6. Complete the following fields in the Internet Connection Wizard window:
(for web hosting accounts, substitute 'abqonline.com' with your domain)
* Display Name - First Last (as displayed)
* E-mail Address - email@example.com
* Incoming Mail Server - www.abqonline.com
* Outgoing Mail Server - www.abqonline.com
* Account Name - youremail(@abqonline.com)
* Password - You supply
7. Click OK on the Internet Accounts box when you have completed the Internet
With Outlook Express, you can setup additional mail accounts for every mailbox
from which you need to retrieve mail. There are many more options available
in Outlook Express. See the software's documentation for more information
on the advanced options.
All our servers use the POP3 protocol. Do not change
the server type to anything besides POP3.